QUALIFICATIONS & INTERESTS
Master of Science Information Systems, with emphasis in Internet Technology and Database Theory. Twenty years combined teaching experience on the job and in the classroom. Over ten years experience in the computer industry. Highly adaptable with excellent creative problem solving skills. Former Navy Submariner with substantial experience as an occupational trainer.
- Master of Science, 2000, Information Systems, Hawaii Pacific University, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA. Thesis: "Investigating the Effects of Organization Size, Industry, and Workgroup Size on Workgroup Server Administration Time and Downtime"
- Bachelor of Science, 1990, Computer Software, University of the State of New York, Albany, New York, USA
- Developed Gramm-Leach-Bliley Compliance workbook and seminar curriculum. 2006.
- Developed HIPAA Compliance workbook. 2004.
- Taught Introduction to Unix/Linux at Florida Community College at Jacksonville, Jacksonville, Florida, 2002-2003.
- Taught Local Area Networks at Leeward Community College, Pearl City, Hawaii. 2000.
- Taught Networking and Data Communications at Leeward Community College, Pearl City, Hawaii. 1998-1999.
- Taught Basic Programming at Honolulu Community College, Pearl Harbor, Hawaii. 2000.
- Taught Beginning Linux, Royal Data Services, Honolulu, Hawaii. 1999-2000.
- Developed course materials and curriculum for Beginning Linux course. 1999.
- Taught Sound Analysis for 23 submarine crews, Pearl Harbor, Hawaii. 1997-2000.
- Taught Nuclear Power Operations for Engineering Department, USS Tautog, 1991-1996.
- Taught Nuclear Power Operations for Engineering Department, USS Lafayette, 1985-1987.
INVITED AND SOLICITED LECTURES
- Speaker/Consultant, Department of Homeland Security/FEMA, Richardson, Texas, 2009.
- Speaker, Department of Homeland Security/FEMA, Richardson, Texas, 2007.
- Trainer, Department of Homeland Security/FEMA, Richardson, Texas, 2007.
- Speaker, Arizona Society of CPA's, Phoenix, Arizona, 2006.
- Speaker, SysAdmin Days, Phoenix, Arizona, 2006.
- Speaker, LDAP, Jacksonville, Florida, 2003.
- Speaker, Linux Firewalls, Jacksonville, Florida, 2002.
- Speaker, Securing Linux, Jacksonville, Florida, 2002.
- Speaker, Shell Scripting, Phoenix, Arizona, 2001.
- Speaker, Shell Scripting, Glendale, Arizona, 2001.
- Speaker, Securing Linux, Glendale, Arizona, 2001.
- Guest Speaker, Linux Demo Day, Honolulu, Hawaii. 2000.
- System Engineer/Administrator: IBM (AIX), Sun (Solaris, Linux), Intel (Solaris, Linux, Windows).
- Information System Security.
- Data Modeling and Database Design.
- Software proficiency include, but are not limited to a variety of applications such as System Architect, GIMP, Photoshop, word processors, and spreadsheets. Proficiency in several programming and scripting languages in Perl, Korn Shell, Bourne Shell, Visual Basic, C, SQL.
COMPUTER RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE
- WITHHELD (Financial Industry) 2007-present
- Spherion Corporation, Scottsdale, Arizona, 2006-2007.
- AGD, LLC dba My IT Department (Contractor to two Financial Clients), 2003-2006.
- Major Healthcare Insurance Company, Jacksonville, Florida. Senior Computer Security Architect, 2001-2003.
- Thor Group, Inc (Contractor to Financial Client), Phoenix, Arizona. Web Integration Engineer. 2000-2001.
- WorldMarket Services, Inc., Culver City, California. Network Services Director. 2000.
- University of Hawaii - Leeward Campus, Pearl City, Hawaii. Lecturer, Information and Computer Science. 1998-2000.
- Royal Data Services, Honolulu, Hawaii. Instructor, 1999-2000.
- Performance Monitoring Team, United States Navy, Pearl Harbor, Hawaii. Data Processing Supervisor. 1997-2001
- Submarine On Board Training, United States Navy, Groton, Connecticut. Programmer-Analyst. 1987-1991.
PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS & ACADEMIC ACTIVITIES
- Member, League of Professional System Administrators, 2006-present.
- Contributor, The Center for Internet Security, 2004-present.
- Member, International Information System Security Certification Consortium, 2004-present.
- Member, Jacksonville Linux Users Group, 2001-2007.
- Member, Phoenix Linux Users Group, 2000-present.
- National Association of Communications Systems Engineers, 1999-present.
- Member, LUAU (Hawaii Linux Users Group), 1998-2000.
- Hawaiian HardDrive, Monthly Columnist, 1999-2004
- Online Connection, Monthly Columnist, 2000
- Windows/DOS Developer's Journal, 1992-1993
- Chips, 1991
- Tech Specialist, 1990
- Computer Shopper, 1988
Extensive travel throughout United States, Japan, Hong Kong, United Kingdom and Germany.
Content Copyright © 2003-2014 George Toft